- LEVY & McLELLAN
- WINE MAKER
- Martha McClellan and Bob Levy
- Napa Valley. All of our wines are produced from grapes grown only on our own 6 acre estate vineyard.
- 82% Cabernet Sauvignon and 18% Cabernet Franc
- BARREL AGING
- 100% new French Oak (mostly Taransaud- 3 year air dried oak) for approximately 30 months.
- BOTTLE DATE
- March 15, 2014
- The 2011 is a vintage of its own - a child of diversity, attitude and suspense. Some called it challenging, we think of it as a majestic tribute to the testament of experience and dedication. It is one of those mysteries in life that unveil themselves with time and patience, surpassing all expectations and bringing purity and true appreciation. ‘Every cloud has a silver lining’ rings particularly true for the 2011 vintage. For the second year in a row, we were blessed with considerable rainfall during the winter months, a fairly cool spring and a timely bud break. Challenging our expertise, it demanded meticulous attention in the vineyard as well as extreme selection both for green thinning on the vine and of the grapes received on the sorting table. We ferment 100% in small, 60 gallon French oak barrels and are thus able to monitor and provide fastidious catering to the minute needs of each and every individual lot. The overall length of the growing season was unusual and of significant benefit, as it allowed substantial time for the fruit to achieve ideal ripeness in flavors and the tannins to reach optimum maturity. We were able to pick at a slightly lower brix and capture a vibrant brightness often found in wines of slightly lower alcohol levels.
- Mac's Voice
- ナパの有名なカルトワインHarlan EstateのオープニングからのワインメーカーであるBob Levyさんと奥さん（Sloanのワインメーカー）と一緒にご自分達のワイナリーを立ち上げ、葡萄の栽培からこだわりを持って造っているワインです。 是非、一度、真心こもったワインをお試し下さい。